Friday, July 17, 2009

Hotlanta

Does anybody know why people call Atlanta that? Anyway, back in June, Dave and I escaped for an "alone" weekend. The kids went to stay with Dave's family. It was a heavenly trip with dinner at Ruth Chris, shopping, Six Flags, and a session at the Atlanta temple. It's nice to miss your kids every once and a while, right?

I don't think I've been to a Six Flags in 10 years. They had something like 12 roller coasters. It was awesome. Here's our favorite, Goliath.



Remember the Sky Ride at Disneyland? They had one like it at Six Flags, except these were called the "Sky Bucket." So of course, I made the universal sign for bucket.




We might be a little hot and sweaty.



Ruth Chris. It was soooo good. Dave was all about the steak. I was all about the creme brule.



I think we may have to make this an annual trip. Or monthly. Maybe this weekend....

3 comments:

Curtis said...

Wow I laughed hard at the universal sign for bucket. Glad you guys had a getaway.

chad said...

The bucket is absolutely feyertastic!!!!! We are on our way to Six Flags Marine World... Wish you were here!

erin said...

Lovin' the "bucket" sign! Oh, the memories!