Friday, March 28, 2008

KIDNAPPED!

Back before Christmas my good friend Joleen threatened to "kidnap" me for my 30th birthday. Luckily for me (not for her) she threw her back out the week of my actual birthday in February. She kept telling me that she was going to get me. I have to admit I didn't really believe it. Well, tonight she and many others showed up at my doorstep wearing badges that said "Old Fart's Friend". I don't know who the "Old Fart" is, but she sure has some crazy friends. Anyway, of course, I was in my pajamas (which thankfully consist of my Memphis T-shirt and polar bear pants). They decorated me with a crown, leis, and candy jewelry.




Another group kidnapped our good friend Jamie, who turned 30 in January.





We headed to dinner and had a great time, discussing the usual topics that happen when women get together- clothes, men, and childbirth. The evening had quite the ending also. Since I was kidnapped without my purse, cell phone, keys, etc., I had some trouble getting back into the house after I was dropped off. Dave was upstairs, oblivious to my knocking. I hung out on the patio in the dark, in my crown and PJ’s, with only my candy necklace for sustenance. Eventually Dave came downstairs and rescued me. The night out was just what I needed, although I could have done without the accoutrement (that was for you, Joleen). Thanks, Girls! You're the best! And please don't TP my car!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you are loved when we still want to be seen with you in public in your pj's!!! Accoutrerment and all!! Yes, I had to look at your e-mail(3times)to spell it!! I think those "books" you read have given you a very large vocabulary. I have some more if you need some!! You know what books I am talking about!! I love your blog and your kids are so cute!!! I love the one of you and Callie Talk to ya later GO Devils!! Jo

Wheatley Family said...

Most fun I've had in awhile!!!!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I am quite sure Jo meant, "GO TIGERS!" She's a big fan.

erin said...

Ha ha! Wish I could've been there. I'm sitting here just picturing you sad and sucking on your candy necklace waiting to be let in the house! :) Sounds like you had fun and I sure miss all those friends in Memphis. Fun and crazy ladies!

erin said...

I can definitely make Callie a pillow case dress for her birthday! You'll just have to let me know what colors, size, etc. you would like! And if you would like it as an early birthday present I can do that too!