Friday, May 30, 2008

Father and Son Campout




For the first time since he has been born, Chandler's Daddy was able to take him on the Father/Son Campout. Chandler has been to the campout before, but never with his acutal father. Dave usually works Friday nights, but ended up with a random vacation day and was able to take off. They had a great time planning and executing the campout. Dave took Chandler to the grocery store beforehand to purchase some staples, which included barbeque chips, white powdered donuts, hot dogs, and Hunt's ketchup. (Heinz is the only brand I will buy. As a matter of fact, I feel guilty having the leftover Hunt's in the fridge next to the real ketchup.)

I don't believe Chandler really slept, but there is photographic evidence.

The Stake provided breakfast. Chandler had sausage and sausage only.

Maybe next year the photographer will think to hand the camera to a bystander, so we can see a picture of the father and son together. Guess that's why it's nice to have Mom around.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay Dave! Looks like they had a great time. I'm looking forward to a campout where I can relax and not be cold. Way to go Chandler!

chad said...

I am sad that I missed it! Can you believe that they don't have a Father & Sons Outing in our stake?

Lame!!!!

I have had the burnt pancakes on Saturday morning. I would have stuck with the sausages too!