Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Callie's Graduation


For those of you who don't know, Callie goes to school three mornings a week at "Special Kids and Families." It is designed for kids with special needs. Callie's cousin Morgan started there last year to help with her speech. They were also taking "typical" kids, so we enrolled Callie. It's for kids aged 18 months to three. The classes are small, with several teachers. Callie loves it. Last week they had "graduation" for all the kids who turned three before August. I can honestly say it was the loudest graduation I have ever attended. It was also mercifully short.
You can't graduate without a cap and gown. I didn't know they came in sizes this small!
Dave brought his "big" camera. Mine is still out of commission. He told me this was a "test shot", but I loved it.




Receving the diploma




Callie and cousin Morgan, who is now just about the best spoken three year old you will ever meet.



Callie's favorite part, the cake afterward.



8 comments:

chad said...

Congrats to Callie!!!

I think cake would be my favorite part too!

nicilee said...

Cat, she is so cute. I can't believe she is turning three.

erin said...

She looks so sweet! I love the first picture too! I can't believe she'll be 3 in August! She's growing up so fast!

Wheatley Family said...

I love the cap and gown. I can't wait to see Annie in that..especially if she keeps going free!!

Alicia said...

Duh, duh duh duh, duuuuh duuuuh... It's really a shame I can't leave melodic comments. If you couldn't tell, that's supposed to be "Pomp and Circumstance." What a lovely graduate! Callie is like Curt and I, participating in the graduation ceremony a few months before we actually finished school! Cool people do that.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Callie!!! We are all so proud of you, and you were very pretty in your cap and gown. There could be a special graduation treat in your future (when you visit in June).

We love you!!! Ma, Pa, and Aunt Veronica

jewly said...

How cute! What a big girl. Saige is looking forward to being in her class next year.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Callie is the most perfect little girl I have ever met. Can she marry Sam? or would that just get confusing?

I'm still waiting for the Hannah/Sam graduation pictures. Mine are bunk.