Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter. even though I am sad to say I am without a picture of my kids in their Easter clothes. We will have to reinact it in a few Sundays.






We spent Good Friday with Dave's parents and sister. It was originally just supposed to be me and the kids, but Dave broke his finger at FedEx and was given some time off to come with us. I had the bright idea that everyone should meet up in Murfreesboro for lunch. I had no idea a tornado was planning on joining us. We had lunch at Mellow Mushroom Pizza. It was a really neat place, we were actually seated in a bus. Anyway, there are no pictures, as it began hailing as soon as Dave went to to car to get the camera. The skies turned black and it was scary for a while. I was hoping to power lasted long enough to cook our pizza! Anyway, it eventually blew over and we headed to McMinnville. I don't think we knew how bad it was at the time. The tornadoes made national news and had two fatalities. Very sad.


The day turned nice enought to spend some time in Ma and Pa's backyard. Callie loves the horses!





Chandler on the swing set.


The kids opening their Easter Baskets.


If you have spoken with Callie in the past month since we have been back from our Disney Cruise, you know all about her obessison with Daisy Duck. It's all she can talk about. Vernoica ordered her a stuffed Daisy and she is rarely without it. I'll have to hold Daisy when Callie is getting dressed, eating, etc. and she will remind me not to keep her.



Chandler got some Bendaroos, a really net building set.




On Saturday, we went back to Murfreesboro to a really neat Children's Museum. The kids had a great time.


Callie found some wings and flitted all over the place. I may have joined her, but I'm not posting the picture. Or video.






Chandler building a car.




Callie even got a story in Pa's lap.



On the long drive back, away from distractions of every day life, we were able to pull out the scriptures and have a meaningful discussion on the last week of the Savior's mortal life and the true meaning of Easter. Chandler was almost tearful as we discussed what Jesus went through for each of us. He then asked what in the world the Easter Bunny and eggs and candy had to do with Jesus dying for us and then being resurrected on the third day. I really didn't have an answer for him. I tried to explain that the egg hunts and toys and candy were fun, but not the real meaning of easter. Just like getting presents and Santa Claus is not the real meaning of Christmas. We discussed how we needed to remember the Savior and his sacrifice every day, not just on Easter. I saw the light in their eyes as they talked about Jesus and his love for them. It was choice experience, one I will not be forgetting soon.
Hope you all had a Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Wheatley Family said...

Way to go on the current blogging! I think you might have turned the corner?? Maybe not..
Also, I forgot what an awesome parker at McVay park I was...thanks for the reminder...

Alicia said...

That's a great story, Cat! It's nice to know that the kids (at least, perceptive ones like yours) see through all that fluff and are still touched by the real meaning of Easter/Christmas. Thanks for sharing! Looks like a fun little trip! I love Ma and Pa.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

We caught the scary Easter weather here in Huntsville, too. Chandler looks smashing in his specs.

I want to see the butterfly video.

erin said...

How sweet Chandler is! That's awesome that he's catching on to the spirit of things! And Ma and Pa are just great! Looks like you had fun!