Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rollin' on the.......you guessed it



We're planning a playgroup trip to Mud Island next week, so I thought I'd post a few more pictures to get everyone revved up....

According to the website,

"The Mud Island River Walk is one of the most unique representations of the Mississippi River in the world. It is a 5-block long replica of the lower Mississippi river, from Cairo, IL, to New Orleans, LA. Each 30" stride is equivalent to one mile on the actual river. Along your journey, you'll revisit historical events and learn about geographical transformations. The "1,000" mile journey concludes at the Gulf of Mexico, a one acre enclosure that holds 1.3 million gallons of water. "

I'm not quite sure this hill was meant for hiking....



Don't forget your boats, rubber ducks, etc...


As you can see, the kids love it. Callie asks almost daily to go to "the island". I will send out details in an e-mail, as I don't wish to invite any strangers who may come across this blog. Hope everyone can make it!

4 comments:

jewly said...

Looks like fun! We will be there.

Alicia said...

Don't get Mud Islanded out before I get there!

chad said...

My hippo wants to go back... ok, so do I

Susan said...

That was fun. But I was soooo tired after Mud Island and Laser Tag in one day! Whew!