Thursday, November 13, 2008

Field Trip!

Today was Chandler's first field trip. The entire kindergarten headed to the zoo. I was able to come too, as a chaperone. I received a memo asking me to come to the school to meet my "group" and pick up their lunches. But so many parents had signed up, my group consisted of Chandler and one other little boy. Whew!


The kids were so excited to ride the bus to the zoo!






First we went to the sea lion show and had lunch.



Here's my group, all two of them. Um... I think they may be twins!






Looking at giraffes. They have two new babies.



For some reason, Chandler loves to get in confined spaces. I am always finding him under his bed, in a laundry basket, a box, etc. Here he is in a egg, presumably the one he hatched from.






Here's his whole class, with his teacher, Mrs. Moske. Chandler loves her and she is so good with the kids!


We love the zoo! For those of you who were wondering, the Memphis Zoo was just ranked #1 in the nation by Trip Advisor. We have a pass and went a lot this summer. It was so fun to spend the day with my boy. He has grown up so much since he started school.

7 comments:

Britt said...

oh, oh, oh how I miss the Memphis Zoo. It was the best. And isn't that new exhibit opening in '09. So many fun days and memories of the Memphis Zoo. It just isn't the same here. Say hello to LaLa and YaYa.

erin said...

I miss the Memphis Zoo!! I went to the one here and it is LAME!!! I'm so glad you were able to go with him on his first field trip! He seems so old! And I love the pic of him with his "twin"!

Dawn said...

I have to agree that the Memphis zoo rocks!! Looks like a fun field trip!!

chad said...

FEYER!!!!!!!!! Did you get to see the hippo hippos?

jewly said...

Looks like you had fun and didn't have to worry about Chandler.

Rachael said...

Hey Cat. I'm so excited I found your blog. Your family is super cute. MY how the time flies.
Rachael (Luke)

Rachael said...

email me to access our blog. . . clintandrachael@gmail.com