Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was a busy day! The kids both had parties at school. I was able to attend Chandler's first kindergarten party. I was in charge of the Bingo Center. It was so fun to be in his classroom and see all of his cute friends. After school we headed to my Mom's to carve our pumpkin.



Dave did the majority of the work, while we all observed. (I roasted the seeds and they were snacky!)


Here's my Mom (aka Little Red Riding Hood) with all of the Tennessee grandkids. It was a much bigger group last year!





You may have noticed that Callie is a different princess that she was for Trunk or Treat. She got a lot of dress up clothes for her birthday in August, so she had her choice of costume. She wanted to be Belle. You may also have noticed that she looks a little forlorn. She did NOT enjoy trick or treating. We walked outside to take pictures. She took one look at the darkness, the ghosts, floating in the trees, and the people in scary costumes walking around the neighborhood and burst into tears. We drug her to a few houses. Unfortunately the first one had some witch cackling, which set her off again. I asked her if she wanted to get candy or go home and go to bed. She sobbed, "I want my bed!"

Iron Man was feeling much better and was all about the trick or treating. He racked up. Fortunately, David and I were able to relieve him of all of his peanut contained candy. (Reeses are my favorite!)

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

erin said...

I'm glad you had fun! Sorry Callie was so scared! When I walked Brianna around she kept saying "People scary! Hold me!" And when she wouldn't see people she would be happy to run around on her own! Any house with a semi scary decoration was skipped!!

Susan said...

Poor Callie! She is a beautiful princess though! I can't believe when given the choice between candy and bed, she chose bed! Funny girl!

Alicia said...

Well, I guess the point is to have fun, right?! The pumpkin looks great!