Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk or Treat!

Last night was our annual church carnival/trunk or treat. The kids always have a blast.

Callie was "Beauty" (aka Sleeping Beauty/Aurora/Brier Rose). She refused to wear her crown and heels. She wanted to wear her Keds. I guess she didn't want anything to slow down her quest for candy.


This is our sad Iron Man. Chandler sat on the chair and pouted through most of the carnival. We couldn't figure out why until Dave touched his forehead. He was burning up. I asked him if he wanted to get a few pieces of candy and then go home. He said, "No. I just want to go home." I then knew he was for real sick. He's home from school today and seems to be feeling better.



Vana the Witch



Morgie the Snow White, who apparently prefers cupcakes to apples





E the Darth Vader





Callie would play one game, earn her candy, and then sit in the middle of the gym floor and then eat it. After the piece was gone, she was ready to move on to the next game.





How do I love this picture? Let me count the ways:


1. The two sleeping beauties in the front, who have no desire to have their pictures taken. Callie is trying to escape to find more candy. Claire's trying to pretend that she's not actually having her picture taken.


2. Val and I are hot!


3. My poor sick boy in the back, trying to look happy for the camera.



Don't worry if you haven't had enough of the kids in their costumes. I'm anxious to see what adventures tomorrow night will bring. Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

jewly said...

Poor Chandler. Hopefully he will feel better and be able to go trick or treating. Saige had a blast with Callie.

erin said...

What cute kiddos! Looks like it was fun, except for poor Chandler! Wanting to come instead of getting candy? He must've been sick! Callie makes an adorable princess!!! Brianna keeps saying "I want to see my Callie Princess!!!"

Curtis said...

Callie is so pretty! I'm sorry for Chandler. Feyer!

Wheatley Family said...

We do look HOT!!