Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to!




Yesterday was Callie's fun filled extravanga little mermaid under the sea birthday party! Whew! Ma, Pa, and Veronica came from McMinnville for the event. I'm not sure of the exact number, we had around 35 people able to celebarte with us. Callie's family, friends, their siblings and parents made for quite the group. Unfortunately, it was a similar group to the swimming lesson crowd. Callie arrived at her party took one look at the guests, the pool, Grandma (the swimming lesson teacher), and burst into tears. "No under! I don't want to go off the diving board!" No amount of convincing made her feel safe enough to venture over to the water.

Here's Ma snuggling her.




Eventually Callie said her famous line, "I'm hungry," and the true party began.




Of course, she had to have a mermaid cake. (Yes, I made it. No, I don't ever want to see frosting again.)




Here's Dave's sister, Veronica, and my friend, Joleen. Little bit of a height difference...





Callie's Daddy was able to get a picture of the little girls by the pool.




She opened her gifts.

The guests received princess purses with gloves and a necklace. (I found a steal at Target.) Here's Saige modeling hers. Thanks for coming, everybody!



The enormous cake was almost gone by the end of the party. There was just some extra frosting left over. Chandler was happy to take care of it for us.




The "After Party", an impromtu ring-around-the-rosies





I hope no one's tired of reading about Callie's birthday, because she isn't actually 3 until Tuesday. Langstraat family tradition involves several days of celebration. Callie received lots of dress up clothes as presents and we're planning on having a fashion show. Here's a preview!






Happy Birthday, Callie Grace! We love you!





7 comments:

Christine said...

Happy birthday Callie-G!I want to come to the hot coco and cracker party!

erin said...

Happy Birthday Callie!!! Your cake is FABULOUS! I love it! Way to go Cat! You and I probably spend too much time on our cakes, but I love putting the time into it! The party looks like so much fun, but poor traumatized Callie! :) I hope she enjoyed it! I'm sad we couldn't be there!

Dawn said...

I have to say that is the most impressive cake I have EVER seen!!!

Alicia said...

Good thing the mermaid cake was colossal to feed all those b-day guests! Happy birthday Callie Grace! We love you!

Susan said...

Caroline asked the play the mermaid game a few times after the party was over!

jewly said...

Happy Birthday Callie! You had a fun filled party with an awesome cake(way to go Cat). Saige had the best time and is so excited to be in school with you.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

That is the most amazing birthday cake i have ever seen in my whole life!! Super mom stars for you, Catherine.

Happy Birthday Callie!