Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving



Has anyone seen "13 Going on 30"? The thirteen year old girl in it longs be thirty. She read a magazine article called "Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving." After some magic dust, she finds out that being thirty is not all it's cracked up to be.




I am happy, kind of, to state I have reached this pinnacle today. It seems pretty old to me, especially since my Mom claimed to be "29 and holding" for most of my childhood. I'm not older than my Mom, right? That would be weird.




I've begun the Langstraat tradition of a week long celebration. It mostly involves meals with anyone and everyone that wants to commerate my birth with some calories. My sister and I are headed to a "chick flick" tonight, after we eat, of course. Anyway, I've got the Thirty and Thriving down. I'm not so sure about the flirty. Ask my husband.

7 comments:

erin said...

Catherine, those are some great pictures of you! You look great! I just watched 13 going on 30 this week with my sister! I got a good chuckle out of your post! Anyway, we miss you guys! Sorry we weren't there to enjoy some calories with you on your birthday! And I hear some congratulations are in order!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a happy birthday. The pictures are really good. See you soon.
Ma

Alicia said...

Happ Birthday again! I'm still within a week of your birthday, so you can't consider this comment anti-climactic. Your hair is getting so long and luscious :). Yay for birthdays!

chad said...

I think a more appropriate title for the post would be: "Thirty, way freakin old."

erin said...

Cat, Bri loves looking at your pics. She is saying your name quite clearly these days. When I point to you she says "Cat!" I hope she says it for you when she visits in a few weeks!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

You are so beautiful Catherine. You smile just radiates- I love you!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Happy (late) Birthday! I hope that it was terrific! You look great!!