Monday, February 25, 2008

A Plague on Both Your Houses!

There are many forms of funk circulating the Memphis area. A couple in particular have hit the two family homes on our street. Ethan was the first to go down, complete with two ear infections. Dave was next, except his was a stomach virus with the touch of the flu. Then Callie. Then Christine. Then Grandma. I got my own special version Saturday afternoon while attempting to clean the church. I went home and buried myself under 2 dozen blankets because I was freezing in my hoodie and polar bear pajama pants. I had a fever, the chills, and body aches while watching my beloved #1 ranked Memphis Tigers lose to our evil arch rival, Tennessee. Just when I thought I couldn't feel any worse. The tigers had a funk all their own. Anyway, today I am once again in the land of the living, which is good. Because the virus makes you feel like you may be dying. My Dad is today's latest victim and he agrees.

Here's something David and I love to say to each other when we're sick:

Sick Person: "I'm dying."
Well Person: "You're not dying. You just can't think of anything good to do."

If you can name what movie that's from, you get a gold star. It's an 80's classic.

Anyway, my pity party is over. Long live health, Tylenol PM, and the Memphis Tigers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better, and again sorry about the game. I wish they had won.
Ma and Pa

chad said...

FEYER! Yea for you being healthy enough to post on the blog! I'm happy you are getting closer to being funk-free.

erin said...

I hope the funk stays away while Chad and Bri visit! Glad you're feeling better. What a sad time to be sick during the sad game!
Go Tigers Go!!

Alicia said...

I'm sorry you've all been sick. I am glad to be out of the loop of funk, I have to say. Poor Tigers! Curt was very pleased to hear that the Vols got chopped down by Vanderbilt a couple of nights ago. Those Tennessee teams are on fire!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

The answer to the challenge is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I HAD THAT FUNK!!!!

It makes you feel like you are dying! it's horrible!

I had it again 2 weeks later! I was so mad that I started crying, which only made it worse.